The new race course at Southridge (Fontana) is no joke. Not one ss rider was even close to cleaning the new hill they added. Check out the Garmin Link of my race to see how tough it was… my average HR was 182… and i burned 948 calories in 1 hr, 5 min. Since I’ve never raced Southridge before (or had a chance to pre-ride the course), I was conservative the first lap, and just tried to stay with the lead pack. The lead guys didn’t even attempt the big climb, just started hiking right away. Was able to jog past a couple people and settle in… The rigid fork wasn’t the right call for the more-tech-than-expected descents. I should’ve gone with the Sram XX fork. Anyhoo, 2nd lap, I opened up a little bit, and started picking folks off. I cleaned the crux of the big climb that nobody even attempted… a couple people saw it, and congratulated me after the race– that felt good… So yeah, 3rd Place – happy with the day. The podium feels good. Let’s get on it again, soon 🙂 – just higher up, please!! The $5 burrito afterwards hit the spot!!!
Looking For Something?
- 86,100 Visits
- Follow Dirty Teeth – Alan's Mountain Biking Adventures on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Ride Report: Sedona Big Friggin Loop - Sedona, AZ
- Thievery Corporation - Is It Over: Music Video Premiere
- First Ride: Niner RLT 9 RDO - ABQ Century
- Shakedown Ride #1 - Salsa Cutthroat Tour Divide 2018 Rig
- Black Canyon Trail - Emery Henderson to Little Pan Loop
- Ride Report: Silver Canyon Trail- Bishop, CA
- Ride Report: Sope Creek, Big Creek, Rope Mill, Allatoona Creek - Atlanta, GA
- Ride Report: Mulberry Gap/ Pinhoti - Ellijay, Georgia
- Carver Gnarvester Ti 29 Plus
- Tour Divide 2018 - To Chone or not to Chone: Are Chamois really the answer?