I love Mammoth. As I write, snowflakes are parachuting on my deck, the fire is blazing… and the POW POW is inviting me to shred the gnar on the hill!! But the xc bike is sitting in the guest room feeling lonely. That’s what Snowcreek is for. Yesterday, I had a great interval workout in the spin room… lots of anaerobic short bursts- combining out of the saddle climbs & high cadence speed bursts with short rests in between. To mix it up and improve on my “hike-a-bike” endurance, I also mixed in a couple 10-minute, high-intensity climbs on the StairMaster. For a 1 1/2 hr workout, my avg. hr was 94% and over 1,200 cals burned. Felt good :). I was down in L.A. visiting family last week, and took a couple fun rides in Irvine, and I can’t wait to jump on the “real” bike again. With Sagebrush only 10 days away – I’ve got a lot of work to do. Anyhoo, I’ll be back on the trainer this afternoon, for a 3hr steady ride… and I’m gonna try and ride down in Big Pine tomorrow before heading south for work this weekend. Powder and Mountain Bikes. Life is good.
Looking For Something?
- 82,933 Visits
- Follow Dirty Teeth – Alan's Mountain Biking Adventures on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Test Ride: Intense Hard Eddie Carbon 29er - Me LIKEY!
- Carver Gnarvester Ti 29 Plus
- Black Canyon Trail - Emery Henderson to Little Pan Loop
- Ride Report: Galisteo Basin Preserve - Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Thievery Corporation - Is It Over: Music Video Premiere
- Ride Report: Silver Canyon to White Mountain Rd - Bishop, CA
- Ride Report: Clear Creek Trail - Carson City, Nevada
- A Step Back In Time - Bodie Hills Abandoned Railroad Loop
- Mammoth Lakes Big Friggin Loop - Cold, Windy, Awesome!
- Salsa Mukluk