I love Mammoth. As I write, snowflakes are parachuting on my deck, the fire is blazing… and the POW POW is inviting me to shred the gnar on the hill!! But the xc bike is sitting in the guest room feeling lonely. That’s what Snowcreek is for. Yesterday, I had a great interval workout in the spin room… lots of anaerobic short bursts- combining out of the saddle climbs & high cadence speed bursts with short rests in between. To mix it up and improve on my “hike-a-bike” endurance, I also mixed in a couple 10-minute, high-intensity climbs on the StairMaster. For a 1 1/2 hr workout, my avg. hr was 94% and over 1,200 cals burned. Felt good :). I was down in L.A. visiting family last week, and took a couple fun rides in Irvine, and I can’t wait to jump on the “real” bike again. With Sagebrush only 10 days away – I’ve got a lot of work to do. Anyhoo, I’ll be back on the trainer this afternoon, for a 3hr steady ride… and I’m gonna try and ride down in Big Pine tomorrow before heading south for work this weekend. Powder and Mountain Bikes. Life is good.
Looking For Something?
- 86,100 Visits
- Follow Dirty Teeth – Alan's Mountain Biking Adventures on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Ride Report: Sedona Big Friggin Loop - Sedona, AZ
- Thievery Corporation - Is It Over: Music Video Premiere
- First Ride: Niner RLT 9 RDO - ABQ Century
- Shakedown Ride #1 - Salsa Cutthroat Tour Divide 2018 Rig
- Black Canyon Trail - Emery Henderson to Little Pan Loop
- Ride Report: Silver Canyon Trail- Bishop, CA
- Ride Report: Sope Creek, Big Creek, Rope Mill, Allatoona Creek - Atlanta, GA
- Ride Report: Mulberry Gap/ Pinhoti - Ellijay, Georgia
- Carver Gnarvester Ti 29 Plus
- Tour Divide 2018 - To Chone or not to Chone: Are Chamois really the answer?