Loving every minute of my rookie season!! Just two weeks after Race 1 at Sagebrush, the “Bonelli Park” course was light years harder. The Kenda Cup #2 Race was filled with quick, steep climbs, and short techy descents (as the graph above shows) – tons of fun, and super hard. A definite lung & leg burner – check out the Garmin Link to see the ride details – over 2,800′ of elevation gain over the 20 mile course. I came in 13th Place, in just over 2 hours. I was pleased – rode hard, and made all the climbs without getting off the bike. Sometimes I wanna slap myself for jumping right into Cat. 1 racing without moving through the Cat. 2 & 3 ranks first. Most of these guys have been racing 10+ years, and I first spun a mountain bike pedal 3 years ago, and decided to race 4 months ago… The learning curve is sharp- but progress has been fast too… What a blast. Angela & Lucy have been to the last couple races, and it’s become fun for the family – since mountain-biking tends to happen in parks, there’s always something new and cool for Lucy… and seeing them cheer is a shot of adrenaline better than any Gu could do!! Training is going to slow for the next couple weeks, since I have to work 😦 but super-stoked for Sea Otter… the event that got me to give this MTB racing a try in the first place!!! LIFE IS GOOD!!
Looking For Something?
- 86,105 Visits
- Follow Dirty Teeth – Alan's Mountain Biking Adventures on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Ride Report: Sedona Big Friggin Loop - Sedona, AZ
- Thievery Corporation - Is It Over: Music Video Premiere
- First Ride: Niner RLT 9 RDO - ABQ Century
- Shakedown Ride #1 - Salsa Cutthroat Tour Divide 2018 Rig
- Fruita, CO: 18 Road, Prime Cut - Joe's Ridge - Kessel Run
- Black Canyon Trail - Emery Henderson to Little Pan Loop
- Ride Report: Silver Canyon Trail- Bishop, CA
- Ride Report: Sope Creek, Big Creek, Rope Mill, Allatoona Creek - Atlanta, GA
- Ride Report: Mulberry Gap/ Pinhoti - Ellijay, Georgia
- Carver Gnarvester Ti 29 Plus