Loving every minute of my rookie season!! Just two weeks after Race 1 at Sagebrush, the “Bonelli Park” course was light years harder. The Kenda Cup #2 Race was filled with quick, steep climbs, and short techy descents (as the graph above shows) – tons of fun, and super hard. A definite lung & leg burner – check out the Garmin Link to see the ride details – over 2,800′ of elevation gain over the 20 mile course. I came in 13th Place, in just over 2 hours. I was pleased – rode hard, and made all the climbs without getting off the bike. Sometimes I wanna slap myself for jumping right into Cat. 1 racing without moving through the Cat. 2 & 3 ranks first. Most of these guys have been racing 10+ years, and I first spun a mountain bike pedal 3 years ago, and decided to race 4 months ago… The learning curve is sharp- but progress has been fast too… What a blast. Angela & Lucy have been to the last couple races, and it’s become fun for the family – since mountain-biking tends to happen in parks, there’s always something new and cool for Lucy… and seeing them cheer is a shot of adrenaline better than any Gu could do!! Training is going to slow for the next couple weeks, since I have to work 😦 but super-stoked for Sea Otter… the event that got me to give this MTB racing a try in the first place!!! LIFE IS GOOD!!
Looking For Something?
- 75,369 Visits
- Follow Dirty Teeth – Alan's Mountain Biking Adventures on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Phil's World - Disneyland for Mountain Biking in Cortez, CO
- Ride Report - Alabama Hills / Movie Road: Lone Pine, CA
- Test Ride: Intense Hard Eddie Carbon 29er - Me LIKEY!
- Carver Gnarvester Ti 29 Plus
- Ride Report: Sope Creek, Big Creek, Rope Mill, Allatoona Creek - Atlanta, GA
- Ski Mountaineering Mt. Whitney
- SINglespeed World Champs 2014 - Anchorage, AK
- Ride Report: Red Mesa / San Ysidro Trail Network - San Ysidro, NM
- Niner Air 9 Carbon - Licorice Black
- Ride Report: Silver Canyon to White Mountain Rd - Bishop, CA